Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: GA vs AS
Hi

Today I note that Analytics is showing me the sort of AS revenue (in USD, interestingly) that I'd expect by this time of day, whereas AS is showing me *way* down.

Anyone else see this sort of discrepancy between AS and GA reporting on a regular basis?

It may simply be that AS is reporting clicks that it is fairly happy with and GA reporting raw stats. (Though I saw my AS total go backwards a few times of the last day or so, though end up at respectable places.)

Rgds

Damon
February 02, 2012 04:26PM
Ian C. Purdie
Subject: Re: GA vs AS
Mine have always been different so I never bothered with GA much.

GA can report anything, AS is always what I actually get paid.
February 02, 2012 10:57PM
Harold
I don't compare, but I do notice that AdSense reporting sometimes seems to lag. Late last night, my earnings for the day were just about half what they ended up as, for example--at 10 PM more or less, with only 5 hours left in the AdSense day. Usually what I see at that time is close to the final number.
February 03, 2012 12:34AM
Pengi
I'm not sure how GA collects the data - back in the day when I used AS, GA didn't have any info about clicks.

My guess is that GA reports the raw data from clicks but AS is filtered to reflect any manipulation from Google to remove or investigate possible frauduent or invalid clicks - hence the delays as good clicks are confirmed as valid.
February 03, 2012 08:43AM
Joshua
Administrator
I've always found it odd that GA reporting is in USD while the account is set up to use €. Also often during a day when AS has a "stats stuck" moment, reporting in GA seems to continue just fine. At the end of the day normally I don't see a difference bigger than ~3%. So for the purpose of GA it suits me just fine.
February 03, 2012 11:00PM
Ian C. Purdie
Quote:
GA reporting is in USD while the account is set up to use €
I find that odd because mine's always been in $A since the changeover back whenever.
February 03, 2012 11:13PM
Joshua
Administrator
Quote:
I find that odd because mine's always been in $A since the changeover back whenever.

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing. My Adsense account is in €. My Analytics account in USD.
February 04, 2012 01:04PM
Ian C. Purdie
I haven't looked at GA for a long time. I'll check later.
February 05, 2012 10:17AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.