Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: Authorised Sites
Does anyone else see this message after logging in?
Quote:
"Your ads have recently appeared on websites you haven't authorised. To avoid lost revenue, make sure that you authorise any sites where you display ads by visiting your account settings.
Every time I check it out it is either another branch of Google or it's a translation site.

Can't Google figure this out for themselves without me manually doing it at least once a week on average?
September 20, 2011 11:33PM
DamonHD
:: Quote ::
Subject: Re: Authorised Sites
Well, it's interesting to find who's hotlinking, cut-n-pasting or scraping without permission, and sometimes I write to G and ask it slap appropriate wrists, which I believe that it does. So worth it for entertainment value in the longer run. (I don't believe that, eg, about.com pays any attention when I ask them to stop copying/framing my content without permission or attribution, but when the cease-and-desist comes via G I'd like to believe that there's not a dry trouser in the house!)

Rgds

Damon

PS. Plus I think it also shows a general unwillingness to profit from bad traffic, so should stand you in good stead in any site review unpleasantness...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 12:32AM by DamonHD.
September 21, 2011 12:31AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.