Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: That was a close one! (nearly out of Adsense)
Well, after many years of being a publisher with Madsense, I thought my days were numbered.

I got sent an email a couple of weeks back saying that they were disabling the ads because of "Policy violations". Clear as mud I'm afraid. The email named one page they felt didn't comply, and neglected to tell me why it didn't comply! As far as I can make out, the page was a survey results feedback page and mentioned sex at some point. I gather that some bot thought I was promoting sex, so blocked the ads.

The page in question would not have got flagged up on a human review, so as it was a low earner I just removed the ads and emailed them straight back. After two weeks I finally heard back that they are serving the ads again. The income is rock bottom, but I guess that will stabilise again in time.

I always assumed I'd get back in once someone without a silicon brain (carbon based life forms as Star Trek called us) had a look at it. But it is worrying that bots can make such serious decisions based on the flimsiest of premises and their decision takes such a long time to review manually.

Glad I'm back though!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2011 09:16PM by James.
June 10, 2011 09:15PM
Harold
Subject: Re: That was a close one! (nearly out of Adsense)
Wow, thanks for the story. Worth remembering!
June 11, 2011 12:26AM
Pengi
Unfortunatley that's Google - the bots there have real power and it's almost impossible to get you case looked at by someone/something that passes for human.
June 11, 2011 10:31AM
James
Funny thing is that the income has increased since! I will never understand madsense.
June 19, 2011 01:31PM
Ian C. Purdie
You are not alone James
June 20, 2011 01:44AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.