Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: Why we should filter "shopping" sites...
Why we should filter "shopping" sites...

I have a new 5 page site that I thought I would check out of interest. It gets no traffic much yet and was mainly for fun so I dont normally bother.

[uk.shopping.com]

A destination of an adwords ad on a typical shopping site. I always ban these on all of my sites - These guys try to look legit but put up special ads/pages like this to do pure arb and advertise heavily.

They are advertising thousands of terms and are more effiecient at minimising cpc and likely get preferential rates too...

They are the worst kibd of arb/mfa and rely on their "credibility" and name to lul users into a sense of security while getting richer on the backs or real sites.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 03:18AM by nitrous.
August 05, 2007 03:06AM
James
Subject: Re: Why we should filter "shopping" sites...
I've always banned them on the grounds they are middlemen - no product to sell directly.
August 05, 2007 08:36AM
Pengi
I believe that some of these sites can provide a useful service - however, I'm not sure this example is one that does.

I think the good sites provide more confidence that they are providing a fairly comprehensive set of ads for the best/cheapest items etc. The poor sites just provide some random, but related ads. The worst sites just provide some ads that are barely even related.
August 05, 2007 10:50AM
nitrous
But I find these ad filled zero content pages are the chosen landing pages on many of the "shopping" or comparison sites.
August 05, 2007 11:04AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.