Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: Interstitial ads
OK - probably going to regret this, but I value the feedback!

I know that G will not allow interstitials on pages with adsense - not going to try it. But I have a page with very good traffic that just doesn't work on adsense. I'm currently trying Adbrite on it to see if that works. I was considering the option of interstitial ads on this page.

Basically, it gets a lot of traffic click in and out, and few clicks on to the rest ofthe site. I'd really like to monetise this traffic to the max. I know that interstitials may offend, but the search engine traffic that visits the page isn't my regular visitors.

My reading of the G policies is that you can have interstitials on pages of your site provided adsense isn't on them, and obviously popups that interfere with navigation anywhere etc. Would others agree that you can do this? Yeah - I know I should ask Google etc.

Secondly, what do others think of interstitials, and do they work for you?

Stands away from the heat, and dons a fireproof suit......
August 04, 2007 08:36AM
GegaBit
Subject: Re: Interstitial ads
I never tried them, my only experience with those is finding the (x) quickly to close either the ad or the whole page down.

I don't think Google would mind as long as there is no AdSense on the same page, but my opinion is of little value since you will ask them, do let us know what they say bout it.
August 04, 2007 09:30AM
James
Well, in the end I decided to lose Adbrite altogether. I know they work for some, but not for me. So I decided to have a go at Amazon associates. I think the page might do OK with the right products. Shame it takes so long to update the stats on Amazon!
August 05, 2007 08:37AM
nitewing
Hate those hide'em ads! Will immediately leave any site that carries them.

I like CJ. They pay on time and I have had no problems with them.
August 05, 2007 09:42AM
Harold
Amazon stats aren't so much "updated" as posted daily. Which I actually prefer to the Google model as it reduces the number of times I check them!

I've done well with Amazon--detailed reviews ending with the product link do best.
August 05, 2007 07:55PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.