Author
Administrator
:: Quote ::
Subject: Search engine friendly URLs
More than once I've heard people talking about search engine friendly urls. To me at least the name was chosen right (rl = resource locator).

The reasoning behind calling (using mod rewrite in apache) urls search engine friendly with modules used in whatever system is beyond me. As if a machine cares about ?q=topic strings.

It's us humans that do not comprehend. Also the time that it mapped to a physical area on a hard disc is gone long ago.

Why is it that it's still considered important? I've no evidence whatsoever that Google cares.

Can we call these mod-rewrites user friendly instead of SE friendly from now on. Or is there any reason not to do so?
March 28, 2008 10:19PM
GegaBit
Subject: Re: Search engine friendly URLs
Search engine friendly means both, the algo that find the related keywords sans noise and too many strings, also the search engine visitors whose eyes fall on your listing among many others and from the url guess yours is relevant to what they are looking for.

It is not only a good SEO practice, but also a clean way to organize one's site structure.
March 28, 2008 10:56PM
Joshua
Administrator
Subject: Re: Search engine friendly URLs
Quote:
It is not only a good SEO practice, but also a clean way to organize one's site structure.

This is my point! Think about it.
March 28, 2008 11:03PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.