Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: V interesting analysis of Google
Why Google does what it does?

[mobileopportunity.blogspot.co.uk]

This analysis feels plausible to me, and would fit with the various interactions that I've had with it over the years.

Rgds

Damon
July 15, 2013 01:08PM
Ian C. Purdie
Subject: Re: V interesting analysis of Google
I can think of other takes on it of course, but my views are shaped firstly by my age, experience, and philosophical outlook on life.

I largely have nothing but contempt for giant, globalised corporations. They exist, simply because they exist, they grow simply because the only alternatives are to stand still or shrink.

Of greater importance to me is the question whether society, humanity, and the world are better off because of them?

Widespread, globalised, corporate tax avoidance as one singular example, suggests not.

I could go on, but I would only bore people...

I'll leave people with this one thought, if these corporations ceased to exist, would the world stop spinning? Would farmers stop producing food? Would utilities stop supplying gas, electricity and water? The list goes on.

My $0.02c worth.
July 15, 2013 11:24PM
DamonHD
Subject: Re: V interesting analysis of Google
I think that the tax evasion stories have been somewhat overdone.

These companies will pay lots of payroll taxes for example, and my view is that a company is failing to work its money hard enough if it pays much of the equivalent of UK corporation tax, which simply means that it'll get taxed twice on the same money.

And Google would be sued if it didn't seek to maximise shareholder return by following the same tax practices as many of its peers.

Rgds

Damon
July 16, 2013 07:54AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.