Just added another success story in my long struggle combating scrapers and copy theft.
But this one was the fastest so far
3 days ago I contacted strato.de regarding a German site owned by a German that scraped my content and redistributed it among sections.
This time I kept it relatively simple without legal threats or going into too much detail, just a plain DMCA notification in the title, 4 links to my site and theirs as examples, and a polite request to take the offender down.
3 days later I just received an email from strato.de and the site is now down
Strike one for the good guys
Will try the simple approach more in the future
Contacting site owners first also pushed down my list of priorities.
Although our stolen content is still appearing on the rugby site - they have stopped stealing anything new. We did write to them asking them to remove the content - and place a link back to our site to avoid repercussions - neither happened. Anyway - sounds like a good result for you - lets hope the content scrapers desist.
Oh ya, took 2 email exchanges with him till I was hit with that brick wall!
I just stopped communicating with him and let their hosting do the talking and his site was unplugged, then he came back crawling asking for a favor which I immediately granted, I do believe he never saw my site before, just his logic and ethics are a little screwed up.