Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: Be notified by Google if your site hosts Malware
Quote:
We also send notices to webmasters of affected sites at the following email addresses for the site:
abuse@
admin@
administrator@
contact@
info@
postmaster@
support@
webmaster@
[www.google.com]

While I am against using standard email addresses due to spam setting one of the above now makes sense.
March 31, 2009 02:22PM
Pengi
Subject: Re: Be notified by Google if your site hosts Malware
But will you spot any message from Google in the middel of all that spam?
March 31, 2009 08:40PM
DamonHD
Dear SIR/MADAM,

I am from NIGERIA branch of GOOGEL ANTI-MALWEAR DEPT and have some news for You DEAR FRIEND.

WE have fund of $9,000,000 NINE BILLION to help cleanse your site DEAR friend if you will just contact use at the following address and confirm Your account details.

[yahoo.fr.dodgy.doma.in]

Yours in palimony

Hustler O.N.A. (Mr) (BSc)
March 31, 2009 09:02PM
Troi
You mean that wasn't a genuine one? I thought all my problems were over....
March 31, 2009 09:20PM
GegaBit
What a bunch of comedians you all are talking home insulation in AdSense earnings recovery threads and Nigerian scams in Malware detection tips, I love you all the same and find the extremely short attention span amusing smiling smiley

Seriously, I forward all incoming emails through gmail twice before forwarding a third time to my me@my sitemail box, no complaints so far.
March 31, 2009 10:21PM
Joshua
Administrator
Do we have an opinion about spam from Gordon Ramsey ... might make a difference.
March 31, 2009 10:50PM
James
I heard on the news today that Jamie Oliver is cooking dinner for the G20 rabble that have landed on our doorstep. Guess they are lucky it's not Heston Blumenthal. But at least he's free at short notice....
March 31, 2009 11:09PM
DamonHD
I have to dodge the bricks on the way into work tomorrow and Thursday... At least I'm no longer working in a building close to the conference centre were all les grands fromages are meeting, but I do emerge demon-like from beneath the Bank of England each morning, squinting in the sunshine...

Rgds

Damon
March 31, 2009 11:14PM
Ian C. Purdie
Quote:
squinting in the sunshine...
You have sunshine???the finger smiley

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

[added] Reminds me of a BBC documentary a few years back where they interviewed people who returned to the UK from Oz. The most popular reason was naturally missing family. The one which totally cracked me up was the lady who said:

"Sunshine, sunshine, all day, every bloody day, nothing but sunshine. If I hid behind curtains the the curtains faded. Sunshine, nothing but bloody sunshine!"

I couldn't believe it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 11:39PM by Ian C. Purdie.
March 31, 2009 11:35PM
James
Obviously completely barking mad! Although I do know a guy who returned from living in the Canary isles who said that he missed the effect of seasons.
April 01, 2009 05:15AM
Troi
I like the seasons - and it never ceases to amaze me the number of Brits who move to France - and expect it to be hot all year round. Do they not do research before moving????? It is colder in the winter than most parts of UK. I think the difference here is that the seasons are more dfined and more extreme. Also the sunshine hours are significantly higher.

I sort-of get the woman re the sun - I like the odd downpour - and would miss not having a rainy period. I guess we're all different.
April 01, 2009 09:20AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.