Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: Sold a Kindle Reader--to Australia!
Anyone who does anything with Amazon knows that the Kindle Reader and Kindle Editions have been a big deal for Associates who belong to their program.

The Reader because they pay a promotional 10% commission for a sale, and their Kindle Edition ebooks because earlier this year they STOPPED paying the 10% commission on them and in fact stopped paying commissions on them at all.

Like some, I pulled any links I had about the Reader (Not that I had that many).

But now I've made a sale, to someone in Australia. I know that because with the new International Kindle you have to order from a specific page for your country, I suppose so they can make sure they send you one that's set up correctly. So that's interesting. If any of you have traffic from particular parts of the world, you might benefit by linking direct to such a page.

Also, they are still paying a 10% commission on associated hardware--this person bought a case, and I got my 10% on that too.

So, not bad, $30 for me. Almost makes up for the Kindle editions people have bought through my site that I earned nothing from (maybe a dozen so far this year).
November 17, 2009 06:57PM
Ian C. Purdie
Subject: Re: Sold a Kindle Reader--to Australia!
Wonders never cease. I sold one umpteen months back.

Amazing some the odd things you sell through Amazon.
November 17, 2009 07:29PM
Harold
Actually, I had one link on one out-of-the-way page about eboooks, and based on the Tracking ID it looks like the buy came from there, which makes sense.

But still surprising.

So you didn't buy it, Ian?
November 17, 2009 08:00PM
Ian C. Purdie
Nope. I have enough trouble [true] reading a 14" monitor.
November 18, 2009 04:52AM
Harold
LOL! Though you can adjust the size of the type, so if you don't mind having only 20 words visible on screen at a time, you can read Finnegan's Wake in 36-point type....

I've downloaded the Kindle Reader for the PC to my computer at work to see if it looks like much of an improvement on Microsoft Reader of 1998 (remember that, anyone?). So far I can't get it to work. I suspect a firewall problem.
November 18, 2009 04:09PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.