Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: YPN
Just wondering how many of you would give yahoo adverts a bash if they were available outside of US?

I've certianly submitted my details for inclusion when it becomes available.

OMG affiliate company in UK can give you yahoo adverts for the UK - and I must say for the one little site I have them on - the eCPM outstrips adsense.

But I'm not sure whether they have the global audience of Google - so the advertising pool may be significantly smaller. Also - the option to show content adverts within yahoo advertising section is relatively new in other countries - so not sure how many people will have opted into this.

This latter point raises the question - if there is an option to opt into content from other countries - YPN must be running in other countries. So how do you sign up for it - or do you think they are making selections from those that apply to beta test?
January 23, 2008 03:32PM
DamonHD
Subject: Re: YPN
I would give it a try, though remain fairly happy with the ad networks that I have, including G.

Rgds

Damon
January 23, 2008 03:50PM
Quadrille
I'd give it a try. One of the reasons I'm faithful to Google, is that I simply don't trust most affiliate networks.

I lost a few quid to incompetent and / or dishonest programs a few years ago, and I've no intention of losing larger amounts.

Yahoo! would be trustworthy - up to them to prove their value!
January 23, 2008 04:58PM
GegaBit
We need good discussions like this one in the Yahoo section
[www.publisher-world.com]
January 23, 2008 05:13PM
James
I'd certainly give YPN a go, even though G is doing better than it has for nearly a year at the moment.
January 23, 2008 06:08PM
Troi
I must admit it would be great to have a bit of competition for adsense. I think it would be healthy all round. As it stands adsense have the monopoly - both with ad revenue schemes and with global search engine - so it would probably need for yahoo to significantly increase its global market place for it to give adsense a run for its money. But we shall see.
January 23, 2008 06:21PM
nitewing
I am afraid Yahoo has an ad trust issue with my surfers.

While they pay more per click the clicks are minuscule in comparison to adsense. Oh well, I gave it a go...

I have had it on a few good pages for a long time and recently added to others (which I am now changing back)

After this I am just going to sit back and let the money roll in...or not.

Ann
January 23, 2008 06:35PM
DamonHD
In general I still have the gut feeling as Yahoo! as a bunch of reckless ... well ... yahoos, whereas, for all its faults, G seems to be much smarter and more trustworthy...

So, YPN would (a) have to be less snobby about who can sign up and (b) *earn* some trust from me, before it would get a significant bunch of my impressions.

Rgds

Damon
January 23, 2008 07:05PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.