Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: Yahoo is looking better!
at the beginning of Jan I decided to give some key pages back to Google in the hopes that Jan would surprise me.

Google did come up -some- but after a few days the gain is minuscule so I gave the main page back back to Yahoo a couple of days ago.

So far ave PPC per click for Google is and has been about 6%
Ave PPC for Yahoo is 19%

As soon as Yahoo reaches the same amount of clicks and still stays in the ball park I am giving them the whole site. My other two will remain in Google to keep my account active.

Yahoo looks encouraging.

Anyone else using Yahoo? How is your mileage?

Ann

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 08:31PM by nitewing.
January 07, 2008 08:30PM
Troi
Subject: Re: Yahoo is looking better!
I have some yahoo on a small site and it does way better than Google did. I would say def worth a go...
January 07, 2008 09:03PM
nitewing
I do understand why Google keeps comiing up with toys, It is too keep pubs that don't want to give up the features by changing to something else. I like the adviewer tool and wish Yahoo had one but they don't..*sigh*

Yahoo is picking up but my adsense is on it's way back down after a small stutter. what's it trying for, zero?

Ann
January 08, 2008 12:47AM
nitewing
After this weekends "maintenance" my income hit an all time low! by 6 pm I had earned only 5,94 on 98 clicks! I can't help but believe that adsense is doing a little cherry picking with certain sites...you know..this one for you, these ten for me etc.

I am really tired of being jerked around and thought I would move all my ads to Yahoo (the main site) and cool off, who knows? They may again regain some of their Google glory.

I am trying to combine both switch over and site repairs at the same time.

Finished the three horoscopes pages but mike has to get them ready to put into his cron. Said he must go through and change the / marks. I couldn't see well enough to do it.

I'm getting there but it is slow going.

I have to watch that I don't change the compatibility pages much as about 80% of them are sitting in # 1 position for their keyword.

More work to do..

Oh yeah, I am making a double set. the ones with Google and in sep folder the Yahoo pages. Lot of work now but will be easier if I decide to change back.

Ann
January 13, 2008 07:51AM
Pengi
I have often suspected that making significant changes has a short term negative effect on rankings and ad performance, etc before any longer term benefits start to become apparent.
January 13, 2008 11:14AM
Pengi
Of course, another possibility in your case, Ann, is that despite your poor results, you were still better off with Google!
January 13, 2008 11:15AM
nitewing
Beg pardon? Better off with Google? I don't think so. This hasn't just now started happening it has been sinking for a long time now although yesterday was the worse ever.

Even Mike had to agree with me and thought a month trial was warrented. I'm giving it a month and if I see ANY better results than I saw with Google then Yahoo would have won my heart. hot smiley

drinking smiley

Ann

P.S.
Pengi, have you ever heard of the backhanded compliment? You are really good at it. ROTFL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2008 01:20PM by nitewing.
January 13, 2008 01:11PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.