Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: YPN
Anyone know when this is coming to the UK, or has it died a death?
August 31, 2007 07:48AM
nitewing
Subject: Re: YPN
Judging by their purchase of right media I believe they are positioning themselves to make a dent in "Googles" market place.

Ann
November 13, 2007 03:18AM
Troi
Yep - I agree with Ann-e - I think it is en-route. This week advertisers are being asked to ensure that they have a short ad version - I reckon this is the preformer to its arrival. You've got to remember that the UK Yahoo interface was, until recently, totally different to the US one. They are now the same. So I think the changes are now in place to give this to us. Just a waiting game now.
November 13, 2007 10:46AM
Khensu
Just signed up with Right Media, have a phone meeting with them Monday morning to see what they have to offer. Might be time to diminish the exposure I have with Adsense since lately they have been getting under my skin. Disabling a domain and wanting me to rearange things on my pages only to reduce their effectiveness just to please themselves. I did what they asked and they are still not happy. They are just being jerky because they can but I have too much at stake to keep playing around with them. They are going to loose out. Oh I'll run them on a back page or two just to keep them in play but that might be about it.

Also waiting for regular YPN to pick me up, too. This time Y & RM will all the choice pages and G will get the chaff. Sorry boys but I hate having my chops busted on a small technicality. Just want to finish out the month and then make the swap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2007 03:43AM by Khensu.
November 18, 2007 03:39AM
nitewing
Hi,

I just spent 2 hours changing some pages over to YPN.

AdSense *SUCKS* I have never seen anything like it, led me on then whammo! once it started down it was no turning it around.

Just did a few pages (about 3) of YPN and even at an average per click of 30 cents it beat the living heck out of Google so tonight I give them a bunch more pages.

I am hoping something good comes from this but even if it is only a small margin over adsense I will take it....Sick and tired of Google myself.

Did you read one of my posts (forget where) about what Google did to me?
Well, I was checking ads with the preview tool and one of the ads started trying to download spy ware on my computer. I killed it and emailed Google from the ad itself and quick put it in the filter.

Later I was searching my pages and damned if they did not have me listed as a dangerous site that downloaded spyware!!!!

I got numerous emails really telling me off about stooping to do that. Of course all I could do was keep emailing Google and putting in request after request and never heard back from them...it was about that time period when my main site went to # 79, It is now taken care of and they so graciously moved me to 43, oh joy! They ruined the reputation of my site, I lost a lot of traffic over this. Given all the mistakes they make they should never put in something that can ruin people over a stupid mistake they made from just accepting anyone's advertisements..Quality my ass!

Sorry, rant over.

Ann
November 22, 2007 10:23AM
Troi
Good for you ann. I quite agree - I think we will be seeing a much bigger swap to yahoo over the next 12 months. I think there are many that share your feelings. I have several sites - doing numerous things. And I must say that the Yahoo traffic - at the moment - out performs the Google traffic in terms of ROI. The platform does seem to be more stable - with fewer mind-blowing changes that Google seems to do.

From an advertising perspective - the only problem is the much higher CPC you have to pay - meaning that for many niches it is not viable from an advertsining persepective - therefore the pool of available advertsiers in some niches will be low.

Also - the difference in the way they deal with different countries is difficult - and they could learn a lot from adopting a similar model to adwords in selecting countries you wish to show your ads.

But go get Ann-e - I'm sure it will all work out much better for you in the long run....
November 22, 2007 12:23PM
nitewing
Thank you Troi.

BTW did you get my last private message?
Still worried and no decisions are made whether to operate on him or not.

Ann
November 22, 2007 01:26PM
Troi
I replied to one yesterday Ann - unless you have sent two recently.
November 22, 2007 02:51PM
nitewing
I just sent you another one. I find that when I check the save copy in my sent items then it doesn't post, or save it.

Ann

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2007 06:22PM by nitewing.
November 22, 2007 06:20PM
Troi
Just got it - and have replied to it. Thought are with you - keep your chin up.
November 22, 2007 06:46PM
nitewing
Just a thought....I think that Google makes all these mind blowing minor changes in the publishers area so that it will keep us busy trying each one out and beating it to death in the forums..Does this work, does that work, effect to my ecpm...etc.

By doing this they believe they can scrape off a bit more of the loot while we sit back and scratch our heads over the latest glitch, and so on..fat cats who wants more and more of the cream for themselves...kinda like a species of ant that capture other bugs and turn them into slaves to serve the colony Google pays just enough to keep some in line. I don't believe they can exist without the small expendable sites as we make up a large amount of the publishers and by using us they insure a honey jar to dip into every quarter.

Just my 2.5 cents worth

Ann.
November 23, 2007 12:20PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.