Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: Advertising with Y! not just in the US...
Hi,

I have a main site which gets traffic from all over the world (~40% US), and I'm not US based (though I have a US server).

Currently I use AS and a few CPM networks to monetise.

Can I use some Y! ad product yet?

Rgds

Damon
June 22, 2007 02:27PM
Troi
Subject: Re: Advertising with Y! not just in the US...
You can now serve adverts in some other countries. UK Yahoo is available for example. You cannot do this through your US account - you have to sign up for a totally different account with Yahoo UK.

I can't remember which other countries are available when you set up throught the UK Yahoo - but I'm pretty sure I remember that you have to pay a registration fee per country you wish to have an account with.

Or am I misunderstanding you?
June 22, 2007 02:43PM
DamonHD
That's good info, thanks!

Clearly Y! is only partly able to make use of the planet outside the US borders so far: way way behind of G in terms of global reach!

Rgds

Damon
June 22, 2007 04:26PM
DamonHD
What's the scale of the scale of the reg fee BTW?

And what about *displaying* ads as a publisher to earn money, ie Y!'s equivalent of AdSense?

Rgds

Damon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2007 04:28PM by DamonHD.
June 22, 2007 04:27PM
Troi
Reg fee - should know - only just had to cough up - 55 sort of rings a bell - but I pumped a load of dosh into my prepaid account at the same time - so not entirely sure - I'll have a peek next time I'm logged in and report back.

Re the advertisers bit. Don't know much about it. Believe it is possible to get an account - but very much more hard work than adsense account. I think Prickle may be able to give some feed back on this one.
June 22, 2007 05:39PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.