Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: A lesson in Graphics replacing text in articles
I find the below article most refreshing and inspiring in the simplicity and seamless full replacement of long winded text and paragraphs with plain simple graphics that tell the same story in simpler easier and quicker to digest form:

[gigaom.com]

Some of you may wonder why this is posted in the SEO section smiling smiley Here's the exact opposite of text rich content, right?

No, the freshness and simplicity even in an all image no text format will drive its own traffic, anchored links, comments and discussions and all the other factors search engines monitor and look for.

Conclusion for future reference:

If what you publish is visitor centric and good enough, SEO rules will twist themselves and bend backwards in your favor.

Also it is worth noting by those here that run image intensive sites.

[edit: fixed title typo]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 01:07AM by GegaBit.
December 12, 2009 10:51PM
Ian C. Purdie
Subject: Re: A lesson in Grahics replacing text in articles
Simply put, not a site I'd regularly visit.

The same arguments could also be mounted in favour of recipe sites with videos instead of the usual text recipe and instructions.

I don't want to watch something with a pen and paper in hand.
December 12, 2009 11:38PM
GegaBit
With the number of tech, gadgets, telecom, networking, mobile .. news out there I am sure there are thousands of site most of us don't regularly visit or even know of Ian..

But we're missing the point, this is a regular article + picture + occasional video kind of site, but this specific page is a fresh and brave way that gives the message in a simple bold way, no pen and paper needed, this is not a recipe or a how to kind of article.
December 13, 2009 12:57AM
Ian C. Purdie
Quote:
not a recipe or a how to kind of article
Heh! heh!

Guess wot my surfing habits are, apart from News sites, affiliate reports and discussion groups?

Hokay, I be an old fuddy duddy.
December 13, 2009 01:07AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.