Author
:: Quote ::
Subject: I've disappeared...
What have I done - I was ranking Ok for lots of keywords - and now I can't find me? Have I done something dire - or am I just experiencing a Google thing? Any suggestions? Everything appears OK - all diagnostics say all is well - but I'm wondering if I have screwed with something along the way. Any ideas?
September 06, 2008 09:29PM
DamonHD
Subject: Re: I've disappeared...
Could just be falling out of the 'live/new' category and into the 'sandboxed' state, where Google is wary of newish sites.

Rgds

Damon
September 07, 2008 12:01AM
GegaBit
I think new sites get a honeymoon period then are sandboxed, don't panic or change too many things, just keep a steady development pace as if nothing happened.

If you have made recent changes it is useful to list them here just in case it is not the usual sandbox that is causing this.
September 07, 2008 01:54AM
Troi
Well pretty much all changes that I've done - apart from adding new content which is ongoing - I've been documenting in here. So will have to wait and see.
September 07, 2008 09:53AM
Troi
Update: looked now and back where I was. Strange. I'm worried now - but will put it down to the vagueries of google. Out of curiosity - can any of you let me know if I am appearing in the first 3 pages for the keyword "french rugby".
September 07, 2008 09:56AM
DamonHD
You're at #5 on page 1 for me...

Rgds

Damon
September 07, 2008 10:32AM
DamonHD
(PS. Sure you haven't followed H to Canada?)
September 07, 2008 10:32AM
Troi
Don't think so - all stats are indicating that someone from Toulouse is visiting quite a bit - and thats me!

Had traffic from 11 different countries yesterday - which is encouraging, most people are visiting on average 10 pages. So I'm quite happy - in essence with the stats at the moment - just need more visitors - but I'm sure this will come. We're hoping that we will be able to get a link from the telegraph site soon - especially when we do the interview. Colin is timing this carefully - so fingers crossed, that would be a good link to have I'm thinking.

thanks for looking Damon - that's what I am seeing. For most of yesterday it was on page 3 - and then just before I went to bed I couldn't find it at all. I therefore spent a restless night wondering what I had cocked up - which of course is very possible for me to do!
September 07, 2008 10:40AM
Harold
Troi, when I do a search in the US, you are on the first page, with the following items ahead of you:

--An AFP article
--A Wikipedia entry
--The official site for the Rugby World Cup
--Competition: french-rugby-team.com
--A Brisbane Times article
--A Learn French article on rugby words
--A YouTube video

The french-rugby-team site seems the closest to yours so you can certainly set your site on that and aim for 4 or 5 on the page, once you get some more incoming links.
September 07, 2008 03:43PM
wrench
Preferred member
IMHO:
Big G has datacenters (buildings full of servers), pretty much all around the planet these days. Each of these datacenters will have copies of the DB(s), each of which, can/will be at times a little out of sync with the others. New sites will come and go from from the DB(s), as the different G bots, normally first what used to be referred to as the fresh bot, then the more perm G bot that comes by later. Stability (if there is such a thing) comes after time for most sites, after gaining a bit of trust(good links).

Wrench
September 11, 2008 06:34PM
Troi
I've noticed that as soon as I upload a new Google sitemap - my main keyword "French Rugby" - where I normally sit around position 4 - 5 - suddenly drops down to between 8 - 21 for a couple of days - then returns back to its original position. As a consequence of this - I think I will be more selective when re-uploaded Google sitemaps - as most pages appear to be wormed now - and the annoying "Test" pages that were showing have now gone!
September 14, 2008 11:54AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.